Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Isabel I


She was born in United Kingdom in 1533. She was La Reina Virgen,Gloriana or la Buena Reina Bess. She was queen of England and Ireland and belonged to the Tudor dynasty since 1558 until 1603 (when she died). Her parents were Enrique VIII and Ana Bolena (who died to execute when Isabel was three years old). So the parliament declared to Isabel as illegitimate daughter. After of the government of his half brother Eduardo I and half sister Maria I, Isabel could to came to the throne and she is being a single woman.The country suffered from religious issues in the end of the fifteenth century.

England was a great cultural splendor when she reigned. In this period por example were William Shakespeare and Christopher Marlowe. She created the present Church of England and she maintained a war with Felipe II, that it caused the economic ruined of England.

I chose this important figure (though I also "admire" others) because I think she make England a great worldwide power, though like all great power also had to fall and specially because she is woman. There are so few women mentioned in the universal history.

1 comment: